CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Talking Back

I thought that I would have a while until I had to deal with Kate talking back, but I've recently figured out that I didn't have to wait. It is happening as I type this. Some of her recent spouts are:
I don't want to!!!!
Cuz, I want to!!!
No!! I don't want that!!!
But I want......!!!(chocolate milk, orange juice, snack, popcorn, candy, ice cream)

And of course, if she doesn't get exactly what she wants, she has started:
throwing things down on the ground
throwing things at me
throwing herself down on the ground
tearing stuff up

I usually ask her if she wants to go to time out, to which she usually says yes, so that isn't working really well. She has no fear of punishment!

So along with all that, she is just climbing on everything. She thinks it is really cool to climb up on our tub to get to my lotions and other bathroom stuff. She then proceeds to put lotion all over her and even in her hair. Which she says is shampoo and that she was just washing her hair!

She has also been climbing on our coffee table and the kitchen table. I'm not sure why all of a sudden she has decided this is cool, but if she doesn't stop soon, I may lose it! I can just see her falling and cracking her head open. I try not to worry too much about her, but this is something I'm just paranoid about. I'm sure she will come up with something even more dangerous to do tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

J said...

Hang in there. I don't have any sage advice except to stay consistent. Time out seems to only work for us after the 20th trip to the corner, but it is working.

Candice said...

I always find changing up a punishment works. I that isn't very consistent, but she never knows what coming next. As for all, that I don't want to stuff. Mine is still telling me she doesn't want to but it is fading fast. Thank God. Hang in there and I promise it will get better. With mine, I find just playing with her gets her to be pleasant with me. We don't really fight and she is more agreeable.