CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ER Weekend Blues

So this weekend was exhausting as we spent a good part of it in the ER. No, it wasn't for Kate thank God! Brian got a nose bleed on Friday night that we could not stop and so we ended up at the ER. Now as you all probably know, this is the the most wonderful place to be in the whole world!!!!! You would think that a nose bleed would be simple right???? So we get to wait in the waiting room for an hour or so..... I know not that long right???? I wouldn't have been so mad about it had there been a bunch of people there , but it was us and two other people. And on top of that, Brian is bleeding profusely into one of my washclothes and I'm running back and forth to the bathroom to wash the blood out so he won't bleed on the floor. Should've let him bleed on the floor. Maybe they would have helped us faster! I say this b/c as we are waiting, we are joking about it. I even suggested to Brian that if he felt the urge to throw up or anything to please do so on the floor. That might hurry the process up a little faster.

So while we are waiting this really skinny crackhead, I mean nice man comes over and hands us some paper towels and some laytex gloves. Are you thinking the same thing I am? What in the world do we need gloves for??? Brian and I are still trying to figure that one out. Does he need them to hold his own nose??? I of course asked him to wear them, but he refused. He is no fun!

So, we finally get back to our room and we wait again. Then the doc comes in and she is probably Brian's age and not very friendly. We go through the whole, hold your nose and breath through your mouth thing a couple of times and she finally decides that that isn't going to work... Really, Duh! Remember at this point he has been bleeding for about two and a half hours. So she procedes to cram these tampon things up his nose. I felt so bad for him. So the first time, she didn't think she got them in far enough. She decided this after letting him sit there for an hour or so. The second one she felt like she pushed in too far. I think we are on hour 4 now. And during one of this wonderful things, Brian is leaning over the sink bleeding to death and the crackhead, I mean nice man comes in to tell us that he used to have nose bleeds all the time and then he went to church one day and a woman prayed for him and told him to read one verse and he hasn't had nose bleeds since. Thanks man!!!! That is helping a lot right now. NOW GET OUT!

Onto the third tampon shoving. I think my husband is going to die now because we have been here for a long time and he is still bleeding. So this time she thinks she has shoved them to the proper place if you will. And she says she is going to call an ENT because he has a really stubborn nose bleed. Really? You think? Then the ENT doesn't want to get his lazy butt up and come in the middle of the night for a nose bleed so he tells her to let us sit there for a couple of hours and if the bleeding isn't horrible to let us go home and come back to the ER on Sunday for removal of the tampons. Of course we didn't know all this until she came back to the room after leaving us saying "I'll be back in a sec... I'm going to call an ENT and see if he will come up here and take a look."

So now Brian can't breathe through his nose, it hurts to swallow and his head is pounding. And then I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to lay sod by myself. Thank goodness for friends. Terra came and helped me and it went fairly quickly. That night neither one of us slept well and Brian woke me up at 4:30 Sunday morning saying we had to go to the ER to remove the tampons b/c he couldn't take it anymore. So we went and no bleeding. We were home by 7 and went straight to sleep. Thank goodness my mom took Kate home with her so we didn't have to take her with us.

I know this didn't really have anything to do with Kate, but I figure I can add some extra stuff in every now and then! Hope you had a better weekend than we did.


0 comments: