CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goal for the week

K-mom and Seis are trying to go for a month without any extra spending besides bills and groceries. You know...... the basics. Cut out the spending on eating out, Starbucks, and such. This really caught my attention because I got an ear full from the hubby about how we need to cut back extra spending this weekend. So, I'm not as brave as the two women mentioned above and will pace myself. I am going to try it for a week. If I do well, I will extend it for another week. I'm doing great so far, as it is only Tuesday. Yesterday I did not spend any money. I did go out to eat at Subway with a friend, but I used a gift card I got for Christmas(thanks Gigi). So I really did not spend a dime. Hubby went to the grocery store on Sunday so we should be good for the week except for milk and eggs. Now all I need to do is learn how to be a frugal shopper and I'll be doing good.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry B. gave you the butt-chewing about $$ this weekend. I've gotten it a time or two myself. My best advice? Become friends with dried beans. When we were in LA, we had NO money and I ended up making a HUGE pot of pintos and cornbread that we ate on for about 2 days. It was awesome, and we still get cravings for a good pot of pintos now and then. (Hmm, maybe I should make some tomorrow!)

J said...

Frugal shopping is much easier than it seems! Start out looking at
http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/recipe-index.html and use the grocery sales. You'll be a pro in no time!