CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday and doing pretty good.

I had to spend money yesterday. On groceries. So I'm not sure that that counts as far as me not spending. I had to go to the store because I was missing cheese to make the pizza for dinner. I was also out of eggs. And a couple of can things I needed to make dinner for the next few nights. But I only bought what I truly needed and spent a total of $17. It wouldn't have been that much but I bought the extra large bag of cheese because you don't want to not have enough cheese for your pizza! I was supposed to take Kate Ice Skating today, but it was canceled. I had already signed up for it so I knew I would be spending that money on her and I to go skating. Since it has been canceled and I won't be spending that money I'm going to try and take her to get her hair cut, because it desperately needs it. Especially since she decided to give herself her own haircut at the first of this week. So all in all, I did great this week. I think I will try it again next week and if I continue to save money and not spend it, then maybe I'll start saving some of the savings and buy myself something I really want..... like an Ipod touch. I know, I know, that defeats the purpose of trying not to spend. But I really want one. If anyone sees one really cheap, let me know!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yea Mel! You've done such a good job this week - keep it up! (picture me dancing wildly with pom poms) Let me know a day next week when we can get together for dinner - I'll cook and bring it over to your house since our house is full of fur ;-) We miss y'all!

Laura said...

PS - you've been tagged!