CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Updates on Kate

I am amazed at what a two year old can comprehend and put together. Tuesday I took her to school and when we parked in the parking lot to get ready to go in, she said "I not go in!" Of course, I said why. She responds with " Nursery probably nasty." I ponder this for a few seconds and giggle and say... "I don't think the nursery is nasty baby. I'm pretty sure they clean it every day." And her response is..... "No, Nursery probably nasty. I not go in. " Eventually I did talk her into going in. I told her we would check it out to make sure it was clean. Who taught her to say this??? I don't think I did, but maybe I did and just didn't realize it.

Potty training is almost complete. I'm almost sure I could let her sleep at night in panties and she wouldn't have an accident (b/c her diaper is dry when she wakes up every morning). Maybe it is just me that is holding her back completely. She wears panties all day and really never has an accident. It just boils down to laziness. I'm scared she will have an accident at night and in the morning I'll have to clean up pee and the thought of having to do that first thing in the morning just doesn't sit well with me. I'm now pondering whether to put a potty in her room in case she wakes up and has to go and maybe this would keep her from waking up and screaming my name in the middle of the night or opening her door after she goes to sleep so she can get to a potty. The problem is that 1)I'm scared she will fall in the potty and drown or 2) she will be so sleepy and think she needs to come get me and then fall down our stairs. And she doesn't know how to get toilet paper on her own. I always get it. She does wipe herself, except if she makes a stinky. But I know the whole roll would be in the toilet if she got the paper herself. Then the toilet would overflow and I don't even want to think of what would happen after that. So that is my problem right now.

Kate still loves her babies and plays with them constantly. She wouldn't leave for school this morning until we had strapped one of her dolls into our second car seat. She tells me to be quiet all the time b/c her babies are sleeping and she loves trying to put shoes on all of them.

So that is all I can come up with for now. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Yea for Kate using the potty! I can't wait till our little one can do that for herself. Can't wait to see you guys - hopefully it will be sometime soon!