CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

My New Creation

I've recently taken a sewing class with my friend Sherry and learned to make a "Mixed Up Lucy" and thought I would share it with the few of you that actually look at this blog. I am again amazed at my crafty ways and can't wait to make her another! That is after I make another sleep mat. If you didn't know, I am now (along with my friend Terra) making sleep mats for other people. Selling them of course and hope this will prove to be profitable. Of course right now it is not. If you haven't seen the one I made Kate, look below. Another creation I am really proud of, of course! Brian knows I am obsessed already because he caught me looking at different parts to put on my sewing machine and reading all kinds of stuff on my machine and different machines on the internet. Plus, I have a room full of stuff that I am planning on making. Thank God we have a spare room that has no purpose right now!!!! He even told me to make it my sewing room..... I think it is b/c he is tired of me covering the kitchen table and the countertop with all of my "supplies". So here it is. If you want me to make you or someone else's kid one, let me know. I'm feeling craftly!

Kate in the dress. Yes it is too big, but I thought the smaller size was going to be too small. I was wrong! But she still looks cute.
Dress without Kate. Thought you'd like to see it fully. Isn't it pretty???
Close Up. The colors turned out great.
And even a ruffle. I had to show this because it took me about two hours to make the stinking ruffle and to attach it to the dress!!! But I'm glad I did it. Ok, I expect some great comments from you people!!!!

8 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I'm so impressed! I wish I could make myself apply some of the knowledge I received from mt sewing class....

My2Suns said...

That turned out really cute. If you are looking at making money with your crafty ventures you need to put them on ebay. you would be surprised how much you can make for them

Seigworth Family said...

Great job. I am so impressed!! The dress is adorable. I'm sure Kate will get lots of compliments on it whenever she wears it!!

FrewFamily said...

WOW!! I'm really impressed. I had no idea of your hidden talents. Are you planning to make matching dresses for Easter with a matching tie for Brian. I know Emilie would love a mixed up lucy dress, probably size 10 to be safe. Look forwarding to seeing you soon. Thanks for the updates.

Amy J said...

Mel, that looks great! I am glad to see it came together so well and the colors do go great! You rock!!!!

Jeff/Cindy said...

WOW!!! You never cease to amaze me!! Are you sure that is my granddaughter in the picture? Cause she sure is looking grown up! Are halloween costumes for Kate and Chloe in the works? Miss you all.

Laura said...

Can you make this in a size 6 or 9 months?

Melanie said...

The smallest this dress comes in is a size 1 which is a 12 month dress. The largest I have is a size 4. I may be able to purchase a pattern for bigger sizes, but it will not go smaller than 12 months.