CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Learning Songs and Telling on Teachers (I think)

Kate has attended MDO for about four or five times now and I think she is really starting to enjoy it. Yesterday I dropped her off and she didn't even cry! I know that they have a craft project which she gets to bring home and I proudly display on the refrigerator and they sing songs and play outside and Kate also said they dance. For the past week she has really been singing up a storm and I could not for the life of me figure out what she was singing, but I was sure her daddy taught her the song. This being because she was going around singing what I thought to be...."I a farter, I a farter!!!" So you can see why I though Brian taught her this. It was so funny and Brian swore he didn't teach her this, so after contemplating where she learned this, I started asking her about it. Never could get a straight answer. So yesterday a friend of mine's child was singing a song that sounded much like what Kate was singing except with different words, and it finally came to me..... she is singing God the Father. Except she misunderstood. So now we know.... and knowing is half the battle.... GI Joe. :)

On another note. I asked Kate before going to school if she was excited about going and she said no. I promptly asked her why and didn't she like her really nice teachers. She responds "NO". So I'm curious. Why don't you like your teachers I ask her. And she responds.... Are you ready for this..... "They bite me!" So you know I'm laughing and I repeat what she says and she nods that yes they bite her. I tried to assure her that her teachers are not biting her, but she was quick to tell me that they did too. So our storytelling begins. I can't wait to see what she makes up next!

3 comments:

Jack and Laura said...

That is so funny!! I am so glad that she is learning songs at MDO instead of from Brian, ha ha

Seigworth Family said...

Maybe Kate can sing that at Thanksgiving since that seems to be the direction the conversation usually takes anyway at Thanksgiving. That is too funny!

We can't wait to see you all in November. - Carol :)

Laura said...

Hilarious! Kate is growing up so fast - thanks for keeping us updated!