CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thoughts on Being a Mother of Two

Since D-Day is getting closer (about 5 weeks), I've been thinking more and more about being the mother of two children. Silly, huh? Since I've had Kate, I have learned so much from trial and error with her. I realize now that being a mother is the hardest job that anyone has. And the best. But can I really handle two? Kate is a handful and now I'm going to have another one. Thank God he won't be able to run away from me immediately. Don't get me wrong, I am totally excited about his arrival and us just having him. I can't wait to hold him and love on him and show him the world. I just wonder if I can do it and control Kate at the same time.

I now have an even greater respect for people with more than one child. I have several friends that have more than one and I've always been in awe that they handled it so well. Now my respect for them has increased tremendously as my 3 year old is out of control and I'm about to have a newborn. How do they do it? And keep their sanity? I have a friend who has four girls who range in ages from 12 to 4 and she pretty much always has it together. She is my mentor! I just want to be calm and enjoy the kids while I can and not completely lose my mind. Anyways, I know it is Father's Day weekend and we are supposed to be celebrating Fathers everywhere but today, I would like to give a shout out to not only mom's of one child, but to those with multiple children who can keep it together. I am truly in awe of your patience and ability to handle the everyday trials of motherhood!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you'll be great! We women have an amazing ability to rise to ANY occasion...especially when our children are involved.

My2Suns said...

Well I know you're not talking about me because I am always frazzled, but I know you have a level head and are going to do great with two. Just think you get twice the kisses! ;)