CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Why, No and Where my Daddy Lives

Kate has recently picked up several things that I thought I would share or express my opinion on. If I tape her mouth shut beat her seem distressed you will know why now. Kate has been telling me no for awhile now. At first I don't think she knew exactly what it was for, she just knew it made me furious want to spank the fire out of herupset. Then she slacked up and didn't really use it all that much. Well, she has come back full force and uses all the time and grins while she says it. I tell her to do something... She says no. I ask her if she wants to go in time out or get a spanking... she says no. Then I say to do what I'm telling her then. She responds.... NO. Then I begin trying to bribe her. Does this work??? NO. She runs from me when I try to put her clothes on, shoes on, bathe her, fix her hair, drag her into the house when it is time to come in and she runs screaming NO!

Second Word. Why? I don't know who she learned this from, but if you know who taught her this, I wanna know b/c I want to strangle them personally thank them for my recent grief! I am pretty sure she says this 500 times a day. I can't answer with the correct answer to make her happy. It is just continuously... Why? Let me give you an example:

Me: Kate, let's go get a bath.
Kate: Why?
Me: Because you played hard today and your dirty and we have to get you clean before you get in the bed.
Kate: Why?
Me: Because we don't want to get your sheets dirty.
Kate: Why?
Me: Because then you would be sleeping on dirty sheets.
Kate: Why?
Me: Because you slept in the bed dirty. Now get in her and let's take a bath.
Kate: NO! (proceeds to run away)
Me: Get in here or no books tonight.
Kate: NO!
Me: Then get in here.
Kate: NO.
Me: (dragging child into bathroom)we are going to take a bath now whether you like it or not

You get the point. I could go on and on.

I also wanted to add to this post something Kate and I had a discussion about yesterday that I thought was so sweet, funny and interesting. We went to eat with our friends Terra, Brantley and Braydon and on the way to the restaurant she said, "Where's my daddy?" and I said at work. Then she asked me where Brantley's daddy was and I said at work in Mobile. She then asked me why he was in Mobile and I said "That is where her daddy lives." and she responds...."My daddy lives at my house!"
I just thought that was so cute and funny. I'm so glad that she has a daddy that is a part of her life and that she understands this. I can't imagine her without Brian as she misses him everyday and loves to play with him and help him fix things. She already knows specific things about him because last night she asked what daddy was doing and I told her he was watching TV and she said "watching baseball?" and I laughed and said "yes baby, he is probably watching baseball." Wow, aren't children amazing? And exhausting!

1 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

I just have one question: "Why?" hee hee Oh the joys of child rearing. ;)