CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Prison Time at School

Tuesday when I picked Kate up from school I was met by one of the teachers who told me that Kate had not been on her best behavior that day. Usually she is really good at school, so I was immediately upset that she had to tell me she was bad. Apparently, she was put in time out three times that day. THREE TIMES!!!! OMG, I thought I would cry. How embarrassing! Two of the times, her teachers asked her to stop talking and she completely ignored them and acted like they weren't talking to her so they had to extract her from the other kids because she was distracting them. The third crime was that she pushed someone down in the gym. So prison time was done for that one too. I expect her bad behavior at home but when she does it and I'm not there to rip her a new one , it is just plain embarrassing. I wanted to cry because I felt like I had done something wrong. At least she didn't act like she was going to hit the teacher or scream at her for putting her in time out. I would really be upset then! You know, you are always worried when you drop your kid off somewhere with someone else that they will be bad but usually they do better when they are with someone else. So it is a complete nightmare when you get a bad "report". I hope she does better, because I may put her in boot camp if she continues on this path.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My2Suns said...

Welcome to the club. I have had two straight weeks where my usually sweet Sweet Pea has spent time in Time out. He has also been bit and scratched by a little girl and the teacher told me "I can't say he didn't bring it on himself". I am mortified when I get this report and appologize repeatedly.

Poodlehead said...

What's funny is that by my third child I realized that if he's bad at school, so what? He is not a bad kid and we all have our moments. I am no longer embarrassed.