CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Going through a "Phase"

I'm not just talking about Kate either! I think we are both going through a "phase". She has up until this point been a pretty good kid. She is usually very social, friendly and fun loving. Of course she does things every now and then that she shouldn't, but nothing out of the ordinary. Recently however, there has been a change. The stars must not be aligned right or something because I know a couple of her friends have had their moments lately also. She is screaming no at me and that she doesn't want to do whatever I want her to do. She is throwing stuff down and then refusing to pick it up. She is waking up several times a night and wanting me to sleep with her. (Side Note: I realize this is probably because she is in a new bed and new room), she refuses to pick up her toys and is acting like she can't hear me when I'm talking to her. I almost want to take her to a ENT to see if she is really having problems hearing. That is how bad she is ignoring me. I realize that some of the issues here are my fault because I've let her have choices in the past and now she thinks she gets a say in everything. But fighting me from the time she wakes up till I force her to go to sleep is getting out of hand. She has also been crying and telling me she doesn't want to go to school anymore because it isn't fun any more.

So how do I get through this? I'm also going through a "phase" and most would say it is because I'm pregnant. I'm sure that most of it is. My patience is almost non existent and I'm stressed all the time over everything and can't seem to get a whole lot done. I'm not usually one of those people that gets all worked up about stuff, but here lately, I can't help it. I feel like my world is spinning out of control and I'm just hanging on for dear life. I think I can seriously say that it would not be so bad if I were getting more sleep. I usually do much better when I get a good nights sleep. That hasn't happened in months due to pregnancy symptoms and Kate. I'll just go ahead and blame the pregnancy on the rest of my phase. And as I'm sitting here typing this, I feel guilty that I'm even complaining because I know most people think my life is so easy and I really don't have any problems. I know many people who are having serious problems and I feel so bad that I'm complaining. So if you are one of those people, please forgive me for whining. I'll try to be super happy after I give birth!

So, if I or my child have been mean, ugly or hateful to you recently, please chalk it up to our phase. I can't promise anything, but hopefully we will be over it in a couple of months. If not, please call the insane asylum and have me committed! Or, you could give me a late birthday present of some happy pills! A restraining jacket for my child would be appreciated also.

1 comments:

My2Suns said...

Complain away, you listen to others so it's their turn to listen. It will get better. Kate will settle down, she is just testing her limits right now and this too will pass.